Friday, August 31, 2012

Skin Deep Part 2

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to finishing the story of Kai and Stevens Johnson syndrome/ TENs...in the interim, he got it again and then Peter was in the hospital for 2 weeks, which is another post!

I will finish the journey through Kai's SJS/TENs with photos...they speak more than I could ever write.



















































Kai was admitted to Texas Children's Hospital on June 9th, 2012 and our nightmare ended July 2nd, 2012 when we got to go home.

This picture below was taken 3 weeks after we came home,


I want to thank everyone who walked this journey with us.


5 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

Your poor baby. It looks so unbearable!

I love the pictures where he's smiling, and am glad he was taken care of so well.

one_plustwins said...

love you babe

Ashley Bailey said...

Thank you so much for your posts about this skin disease. I have never liked the seizure medication my son is on because of the risk of getting SJS/TEN. To me the risk outweighs the benefit... My son's school called me today to say my son had a rash. I was 30 minutes away but rushed there to see whatever it was totally cleared up. I am grateful the Lord touched him so quickly because I can't imagine what you and your baby went through. I will remember your son in my prayers!

SueEllen said...

I have just come across your blog and I would very much like to know how you are all getting on? Any updates?

Julie said...

SueEllen, I will be posting some current pics of Kai today...he looks amazing